Community Education is community based. Therefore, involvement of community members in the education process is essential. The Advisory Council is responsible for seeing that the Community Education program serves the interests and concerns of the community.
Community Education is looking for people who participate in our programs, are key stakeholders, or have a strong interest in Community Education in Minneapolis to join our Community Education Advisory Council. This council meets four times a year, October, January, March, and May. The purpose of the council is to provide insight, input and guidance for the programs of Community Education: Minneapolis Kids School Age Childcare, Adult & Youth Enrichment, Full Service Community Schools, and Adult Education.
View our Advisory Council Handbook for more information.
What does Advisory Council member do?
As an Advisory member you are tasked with following duties,
1. To be a dynamic supporter and advocate for the goals and delivery of Community Education programs in Minneapolis.
2. To provide a comprehensive, balanced Community Education program offering programs to benefit all members of the community: from newborns to senior citizens.
3. To maximize use of all available resources in meeting existing and emerging educational, social, and cultural needs.
4. To develop positive, cooperative efforts with other community agencies and groups.
5. To support, foster, enrich, and integrate the educational opportunities of the pre-kindergarten through grade 12 program.
6. To ensure that community needs and resources are assessed and implement a process of evaluation of Community Education programs, services, and activities.
7. To improve life in Minneapolis and support community leadership and the involvement of citizens in improving life in Minneapolis.
8. To work for legislative support of Community Education
9. To annual recommend approval of the Community Education budget to the School Board.
10. To become a meaningful problem-solving group.
If you are interested in joining the Advisory Council,
please contact Aviva Hillenbrand, Executive Director of Community Education at email@example.com